Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Why Blog?

It's late at night, or early in the morning really, and for whatever reason I cannot sleep. So, for some unknown reason I made a blog. Welcome to 2003, or whenever the blogging hey day was! There are a couple reasons I went ahead and made this blog.

Many famous pastors have blogs: Mark Driscoll, Danny Akin, Matt Chandler, John Piper, Martin Luther (do you really think he would have nailed his 95 thesis to a church door if he lived today?) and Attila the Hun, to name a few. My pastor, JD Greear, also has one. I am sure he will never read my blog, but that is ok, because to be honest, I really don't ever read his.

I also really want to be able to get my say out into the world. By blogging, millions--no billions--of people will have access to what I say. If I am lucky, one or two of those billion people will actually read it. But that's not the point. The point is billions of people could read it. My thoughts have the potential to spark a revolution. Of course, that would mean people would probably have to read it first.

Those who know me know I have a somewhat dry, sarcastic sense of humor. If you need help understanding this humor, I suggest going back and reading the previous 2 paragraphs. I'm really not too serious of a person, and when I am serious, I want to be cracking a joke.

This blog will be a place for me put any funny or serious thoughts I have. More than likely it will be a place I never use.

Until next time, keep the lava flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment